Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Nobody Wants A Crying Baby, For Real!


I don't like the baby we adopted. (Beverly Hills)
Reply to: sale-958665137@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-12-15, 8:36AM PST


Hello. My name is Barbara Stanwick. I need help, my adopted baby isn't what I expected and I don’t like it. Here’s my story…

Ever since my husband, Don, and I married 22 years ago, I've wanted children. The years passed, and once I turned 45, I knew it was too late for me to conceive. So last year, on my 46th birthday, Don surprised me with adoption papers. It was the greatest day of my life. We were going to adopt a baby! It was from China, but I was still excited (we're very gracious, and wanted to save a baby from the communists)!

After being on the adoption list for several months we were informed that a child had been selected for us! My anxiety acts up on planes, so Don's assistant, Lauren, retrieved the baby. I was finally going to have my very own child.

When Lauren walked in, it was swaddled in blankets. I named her Wing, right then and there. A combination of Wang and Ling. I had never been happier, holding little Wing in my arms.

But it was all downhill from there. I pulled back the blanket from her face and that's when I saw the problem. Not only did Wing NOT look like wanted her to, but she was BALD! I had been given a BALD looking baby! My vertigo hit me like a wall.

Since then, I have been trying to send Wing back to China, but they won’t take her. I filed a complaint with the adoption agency, but they didn’t accept “bald baby” as a reason for returning it. Wing cries all the time, which makes my migraines act up and I think the cat might be allergic to her as well. If anyone would like to take Wing, even though she's bald, I will either trade or sell her to you. She's not a bad baby, I just think we can find a better one. Thank you for your time. Serious inquiries only.

From Craig's List (http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bab/958665137.html), firstly flagged by a post on XiXiHe through MITBBS. Although the original thread has been removed by the Los Angeles Craig's List, they should still have information regarding the person who posted on the heavy traffic list.


18 comments:

Unknown said...

r u kidding?
it is a life,not goods.....
really can not understand u

snowman said...

I want My chinese baby.i am in china,请善待我们中国的小孩,请把小孩送回国内,我们有很多人喜欢她,不需要你们来领养。thanks。

BerkeleyWolf said...

Hey Madam, please be real. The baby is not bald, her hairline needs to grow up. Chinese kids are not the same as Americans. She looks no different than my daughter when she was young.

Whose fault if baby is crying every day? Not hers. She is not old enough to take any social responsibility. I think the evidence shows that you are abusing a baby, and I am going to report you to LA police.

Unknown said...

Please!!! She is a human being, not a thing! Chinese babies do not need you to save from. Who do you think you are? How would you define "perfect"? Are you perfect to be a mother at all? Without a loving heart, you can hardly treat any baby well. Without being loved, what else can a baby do except crying? Crying is a baby's language, you should learn to take care of the babies if you want to have a child.

Anonymous said...

这女的可能有点抑郁
事情也可能不完全是看上去那样
不如报到执法部门看看他们的看法
尤其是那种社区的防婴幼儿受虐待的组织,他们很有用的

Anonymous said...

咱报案啦
thecapcenter.org
看看有什么结果

Unknown said...

Tell me this is not real!
Babies cry and that's what they do! Have you ever paused to think about why she cries so much? I cannot believe you want to sell/trade a human life. You don't deserve her and I hope she will be in good hands soon.

Dirty Asiatic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dirty Asiatic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

to Mya Bogart

oh,man! The chinese guy is not the original author.....

Dirty Asiatic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AC23 said...

Mya Bogart, this is from a craigslist listing. The author of this blog has provided the link. (listing has been removed, of course). The listing has been verified and proven to be true before it was removed.

I think you're reading too much into the name of Barbara Stanwyck, obviously there are plenty of people with the same first and last names.

Anyway, this baby would've been better had she stayed in the "fire and brimstone" of "Communist China"

Dirty Asiatic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AC23 said...

We know the author of this BLOG is from Beijing! But this article is copied from an actual craigslist posting!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bab/958665137.html

It was a posting posted in Los Angeles craigslist.

Good lord, can't people read anymore?

Unknown said...

you know what, you'd better calm her down properly and try make her happy, you can do it if you have human parental instinct. it's a piece of advice for your own good. I hope you'll not end up in any serious legal issue.

Anonymous said...

First, this post on CL was definitely not "For Real."

If Barbara decided to adopt "last year" she most certainly would not have been "on the adoption list for several months." The wait is several YEARS (ask anyone who is actually adopting from China).

The author of this piece was clearly looking for a few laughs, which would have been fine if he or she were a good writer. Unfortunately, it's about as much fun as reading the screenplay to Bio-Dome. Better luck next time.

AC23 said...

Just an update, the LAPD Internet Crime Against Children Unit had tracked down the IP of the craigslist poster and the culprit was apprehended and questioned. It was a joke, as many had suspected, but just a really bad one.

Friendsy said...

I wrote that. :D